In order to ensure that everyone attending the 2017 North Peace Stampede has a safe, enjoyable weekend, the Council of the Municipal District of Peace No. 135 has approved the following Rules which will be in effect throughout Stampede weekend:
- The gate at the entrance to the recreational area will be manned by the Stampede Association 24 hours per day commencing at 12:00 p.m. on Wednesday, August 2. No campers will be allowed to enter the recreational area before Wednesday, August 2.
- No one will be allowed to enter through the gate at the entrance to the recreational area between the hours of 11:00 p.m. and 8:00 a.m. commencing Wednesday, August 2.
- Holiday Trailers/Motor Homes will only be allowed on the west side of the road at designated camp sites. Only 1 unit will be allowed per camp site. The camping fees will be $20./unit per day. All camp sites will be available on a “first-come, first-served” basis.
- The entire area on the east side of the road will be designated for Public Parking.
- All overnight campers must be registered and each camp site will be limited to having 6 individuals over the age of 14 years, in addition to young children, and 2 passenger vehicles per site.
- Cooking fires will be permitted between the hours of 8:00 a.m. and 12 midnight.
- In accordance with the Alberta Gaming and Liquor Act, the consumption of alcohol is restricted to designated campsites. The public consumption of alcohol is prohibited on all roads, trails and beaches and in washrooms and other public areas. The refusal to cooperate with the voluntary search of bags, backpacks, etc. will result in removal from the grounds.
- The lakefront will be designated as a Day Use Area only. (No Camping will be allowed and loitering along the lakefront will not be permitted after 10:00 p.m.)