If you enjoy boating on the mighty Peace River and use the boat launches, we would appreciate if you’d attend the annual meeting of the Peace Valley Conservation, Recreation and Tourism Society to be held at Mike’s Wheel Inn in Rycroft at 7:00 p.m. on June 15th. This meeting is open to all boat launch users and interested members of the public.
Private, commercial or non-profit organizations wishing to become a member of The Peace Valley Conservation, Recreation and Tourism Society may contact the M.D. of Fairview, located at 10957 – 91 Avenue, Fairview, AB. Phone inquiries may be directed to:
Sandra Fox, CAO, MD of Fairview 780-835-4903 or Peggy Johnson, PVCRTS Chairman 780-835-4654.
The Society’s objectives:
1. To promote the use of access points and campgrounds along the Upper Peace River Valley, between the British Columbia/Alberta border and the Town of Peace River.
2. To protect and conserve the natural environment along the Peace River Valley as much as possible.
3. To increase recreation and tourism opportunities for the residents of the Peace River region and for visitors to the area.
4. To link the historic past of the Peace River and its valley with the development of tourism and recreation opportunities along the river valley.
5. To encourage, foster and develop among its members a recognition of the importance of the Peace River as a major resource.
The Society’s Board of Directors is comprised of municipalities who border the river but the Society would like to encourage private, commercial or non-profit organizations or individuals to become members of the Society. Please click on one of the links below to access the appropriate application form:
PVCRTS Membership Form – Associate