NOTICE OF BYLAW AMENDMENT
BYLAW TO AMEND THE MUNICIPAL DISTRICT OF PEACE NO. 135 LAND USE BYLAW NO. 1/2012
Pursuant to Section 606 of the Municipal Government Act, being Chapter M-26 of the Statutes of Alberta, notice is hereby given that the Council of the Municipal District of Peace No. 135 will hold a Public Hearing for Bylaw No. 4/2017, to amend the Municipal District of Peace No. 135 Land Use Bylaw No. 1/2012.
Bylaw No. 4/2017 is an administrative amendment of the Land Use Bylaw that aims to improve the clarity and consistency of the bylaw. The uses listed in each land use district, as well as the use definitions were reviewed and updated as a part of this bylaw. Key amendments to the Land Use Bylaw include:- Reducing the number of enabled uses from 137 to 74, by consolidating similar uses under a single use class, as well as removing unnecessary uses.
– Removing 2 land use districts, Highway Development District (HD) and Direct Control 2 District (DC-2), that were not applied to any land in the MD.
– Adding a Land Use Matrix that shows all the abled uses in all districts, for quick reference.
– Amending or adding regulations for the following uses:
– Occupation, Farm
– Occupation, Home
– Dwelling Unit, Manufactured Home
– Dwelling Unit, Garage Suite
– Dwelling Unit, Garden Suite
– Dwelling Unit, Secondary Suite
– Dwelling Unit, Caretaker’s Residence
– Removing regulations associated with “Explosive Storage”.
The Council of the Municipal District of Peace No. 135 will hold the public hearing as follows:
11:00 am, Tuesday, July 11, 2017
5240 – 52 Avenue
The proposed bylaw may be viewed at the Municipal District Office during normal office hours or on the Municipal District website by clicking on the links below.
If you would like to submit written comments, file a petition against the bylaw, or require further information on this proposed Bylaw please contact:
Lyle McKen, CAO at P.O. Box 34, 5240 – 52 Ave Berwyn, Alberta, Canada T0H 0E0 Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Please forward written submissions on or before July 7, 2017 at 4:30 pm.