Did You Know???

that if you need to burn some old wood, a brush pile, grass, etc., you need to contact the MD office prior to doing so?

You are required to obtain a permit if you burn in the Fire Permit Area  between April 1 to October 31.

If you do not live in the Fire Permit Area, you still are required to contact the MD office. You also will be required to contact the MD Fire Dept’s Dispatch Centre and provide your location information, your burn day(s), name, phone etc. You will also need smoke signs from Alberta Transportation if you are within 2 miles of a highway, and you should have water source available at the burn site.

Give us a call at 780-338-3845 for the all the particulars BEFORE you burn. Safety First!


click the photo to view or download the PDF



July 8, 2020




July 7, 2020