- Maps-1-to-5-LAND USE BYLAW No. 1/2012: 2016-09
- Detail Maps 1-30 LAND USE BYLAW No. 1.2012: 2016-09
- Detail Maps 31-55 LAND USE BYLAW No. 1/2012: 2016 09
Land Use Bylaw Amendments – When They are Required:
- Second or subsequent subdivisions on a Quarter Section or River Lot – Residential Use
- To rezone a property from one land use district to another land use district (e.g. to allow for business, agriculture, industrial, hobby farm), and
- Any other changes to the Land Use Bylaw that Council requests
For more information on the Land Use Bylaw Amendment process, see A Guide to Amend the Land Use Bylaw – by MMSA
How much does a Land Use Amendment cost?
Land use amendment fees are regulated by the Fees and Charges Bylaw No.1/2020 – Section: Development/Planning.
Current Cost for a Land Use Bylaw Amendment: $500 plus advertising costs.
The following is taken from the current Land Use Bylaw:
PART SEVEN – AMENDING THE BYLAW
7.1 APPLICATIONS TO AMEND THE BYLAW
(1) A person may apply to amend this Bylaw, in writing, to the Development Officer by completing the proper form and submitting an application fee as established by Council.
(2) All applications to amend the Bylaw shall include the following:
(a) a certificate of title for the subject property;
(b) an indication of the applicant’s interest in the subject property;
(c) a statement on the proposed land uses; and
(d) all drawings to be submitted shall be to the satisfaction of the Development Officer.
(3) Council may determine that the whole or part of the application fee be returned to the applicant.
(4) The Municipal District may at any time initiate an amendment to this Bylaw.
7.2 AMENDING THE BYLAW
(1) All amendments to this Bylaw shall be made in conformance with the provisions contained in the Municipal Government Act, R.S.A. 2000.