Public hearings are typically held in council chamber at the Municipal District of Peace No. 135 office during regular council meetings, unless advertised otherwise. All public hearings are posted here, linked to the MD of Peace Facebook page, as well as advertised in the Mile Zero – Banner Post for two consecutive weeks prior to the meeting date.
Written comments are to be forwarded to Barbara Johnson, CAO at the Municipal District of Peace No. 135 by the date and time specified in the notice. Any written submissions that are mailed to Box 34, Berwyn AB T0H 0E0, delivered to 5240-52 Ave Berwyn Alberta, faxed to 780-338-2222, or emailed to email@example.com by the advertised date and time in the hearing notice will be included in the council agenda.
Please Note: Written submissions and presentations may be made at the public hearing without prior notification to the MD; however, individuals who have contacted the MD (by the date specified) to speak or present at the public hearing will be heard first; all other presentations or comments may be heard afterwards. Presentation times will be limited.
Those wishing to make a presentation are asked to bring seven (7) copies of their presentation for council and the recording secretary, or to forward an electronic copy of the presentation in advance.
Scheduled Public Hearings
Hearing for: To amend River Lots 35 and 36 Shaftesbury Settlement from Joint Plan Agricultural District to Rural Industrial: Shaftesbury Trail Gravel Pit District
Date: Monday, November 18, 2019
Time: 6:00 pm (MST)
Location: Municipal District of Peace No. 135 Council Chambers, 5240-52 Ave, Berwyn Alberta
The documents pertaining to the above noted public hearing notice and summary are listed below and are viewable by clicking on them. They can also be accessed via links within the Public Hearing Notice and Summary.
- 1. Rezoning Application NW12 and S half 13 083 22 W5M
- 2. Peer review_Entire_Feb16, 2018
- 3. MMSA Review of amendment application March 9, 2018
- 4. Summary of Additional Requirements in LUB Amendment Application March 23 2018
- 5. Lehigh Hanson Supplemental Information Request May 30 2019
- 6. SIR Response on Visual Effects Assessment July 31 2018
- 7. MMSA Review of Visual Impact assessment Oct 26 2018
- 8. Peer review of Lehigh Responses Nov 1 2018
- 9. Noise Response Review memo Nov 13 2018
- 10. Council Motion for Additional VEA Requirements Nov 13, 2018
- 11. VEA Addendum Aug 6 2019
- 12. MMSA Review of Visual Impact assessment Sept 4 2019
If you have any questions about the application or the process outlined, please contact the MD office at 780-338-3845.